Our response to COVID-19
As a health care provider, it is unlikely that the clinic will be told it has to close, (unless we are personally affected and we have no choice)
BUT in order to do everything we can to keep everyone who needs to see us safe we will be running a limited clinic.
In order to do this, please watch the following information.
Ask yourself these questions…
- Are you in DESPERATE NEED to be seen?
- An ugly toe nail or bit of painless callus is not desperate.
- PAIN and DISCOMFORT is desperate and of course we will see you.
Are you AT RISK?
- COPD, Lung Disease, Cancer, Diabetes, Over 70 and/or in general poor health
- These are factors that put you at risk of serious complications if you contract COVID-19.
- If you are in desperate need of our care, of course we will see you, but please let us know your situation so we can ensure your safety and make sure your appointment is timed appropriately for your own safety.
Have you been anywhere in the last 3 weeks that has put you in likely contact with COVID-19?
- Anywhere overseas?
- Densely populated cities in the UK e.g. London, Bristol, Newcastle?
- Any largely populated gatherings or nursing homes?
- If you answers yes to the above and you are NOT in pain, even if you aren’t symptomatic, please follow social distancing guidelines and help slow the spread of Corona Virus. Please give yourself 3 clear weeks and call for an appointment then.
- If you are really desperate, in significant pain and are showing NONE of the associated symptoms of the virus, please call and I will do my best to accommodate you with an end of clinic appointment.
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms!
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
We want to keep you on your feet
But we want to do our best to help keep people safe. If you need our help, please call us
but be mindful of the situation and don’t put yourself or others at unnecessary risk uring
this time I am happy to give advice via email or Facebook.